Thursday, August 19, 2010

Pluots & Saffron

I never really liked any fruits because they are all so sour to me and I hate sour. The only fruit I could stand was watermelon and I didn't care for the texture.
Today I tried a Pluot, a natural hybrid between a plum and apricot exhibiting more characteristics of a plum than an apricot (as opposed to an Aprium). It was sweet, juicy/watery, mushy, slimy and had a gel/gummy texture. In short, it tasted good. The texture will take a little getting used to, but I actually found something I like!
The variety I tried is called a Dapple Dandy Pluot. There are apparently many different kinds.
Ariel recommended Saffron Rice since I like white rice. She gave me a packet of some with the rice and saffron already mixed together, Mahatma Saffron Yellow Rice. The bright yellow color of the rice threw me off. The taste of it was unpleasant and hot. Turns out it had onion and garlic in it and I think that might have been the problem. All in all, I didn't like it.
But I found something that I could possibly learn to like, the pluot and that gives me some hope!

No comments:

Post a Comment