Friday, August 20, 2010

The Cornucopia

Today I had a ton of different kinds of foods at Lauren's house.
Steamed cauliflower is potatoy/starchy, but bland.
Mashed cauliflower however is not so good. I thought it would be like mashed potatoes, but it's still got little chunks in it and it has that vegetable taste to it. NOT yummy at all.
Sugar Snap Pea - slight vegetable taste, sweet, crisp/crunchy. Something I could possibly tolerate
Cherry Tomato - acidic/bitter, sweetish. Not something I like
Baked Apple (w/ sugar and cinnamon) - sour & sweet at the same time. Not good
Red Bell Pepper - overpowering vegetable bitterness, very slight sweetness. Not good
Strawberry - sour, slight sweet. Too sour for me
Elephant's Heart Plum - chewy, watery, sweet & tart. Pretty good
Yoplait Light Cinnamon Roll Flavored & Red Velvet Flavored Yogurt - strong sweetness & strong bitterness at the same time. Will give it a couple more chances before making a decision.

I really want to like yogurt, so I'm hoping that by trying it over and over I can train my taste buds to like it. Not sure if that's possible, but we'll see. I really want to like salads as well, which is why I want to like tomatoes so much, but I can't get past the acidic taste. It's unpleasant.

No comments:

Post a Comment