Friday, January 10, 2014

Buster

Update: (1/10/14) Buster's x-rays were sent to a radiologist who felt they looked normal. We've decided to go in a different direction and treat his allergies with a combined antihistamine and steroid.

My poor dog, Buster, has been suffering from undiagnosed health issues. I got him Sept. 21, 2013. I noticed that he fatigued easily, panted excessively long after exercising, and coughed upon heavy exertion. 
He's had an EKG, X-Ray, Echocardiogram, but still no answers. His X-ray showed inflammation in the lungs (the cloudiness) and twisted pulmonary vessels (circled).
Twisted pulmonary vessels

Luckily, we have an amazing vet who I know cares a lot about Buster and has worked very hard for him. 
I'm very thankful so far that there have been no signs of heartworms: Multiple negative tests, no signs in the x-rays or echo. I just hope we find out what's going on soon.

Last night Buster threw up everything he had in him plus more. I don't think it was related to these other issues. I caught him eating something when I took him out to use the bathroom. I have no idea what it was, but an hour and a half later he was vomiting. I was really surprised that 4 hours after eating, his food looked exactly as it did when he ate it. (Was that TMI? Vomit doesn't bother me. After having cats for so long, you get used to it.)



No comments:

Post a Comment